Monday, January 31, 2011

Weather, wardrobe, and beauty bag item of the day.

  Sometimes the weather here is so nice that I wonder "how long will this last?" it must be too good to be true that we all can go outside to play and I can work in my garden.  Well that lasted one day!  Today it's in the 30's and cloudy.  Thus my attire goes back to wool coats and gloves.
  But on the brighter side, staying inside has many perks.  Today we baked sugar cookies, watched Garfield the movie and just hung out.  And when the cloudiness starts to bring me down, I reach for some fun nail polish colors to try.  It's always nice to see your nails in a fun summer hot pink color even if the weather is not nearly close to that season!
  So the beauty bag item of the day is an eyeshadow primer called Too Faced Shadow Insurance in the color Candlelight.  With that as a base, I applied my NYX single eyeshadow in Lanika all over my lid.  This eyeshadow kind of looks like this sky blue color, fairly matte, with a bit of shimmer.  For some more wow power, I applied my Mac Eye Khol in the color Minted under my eyes, added some blush and lipgloss I was set for the day.  Now did I go anywhere?  Of course not.  I was home all day with the little one, who might I add likes to sit and watch mommy put on her makeup.  Maybe it's the bright light, I don't know, but it's precious.  Someday i'm sure she will be asking me to put some on her.
  I'm not sure what the weather is going to be like for the rest of the week, but i'll be sure to leave my mittens and summer nail polishes close at hand!  Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment